Wow, it feels like it’s been forever since I’ve hit “publish” on a new blog post. I can certainly say that I have missed my little space on the internet. SO MUCH HAS CHANGED. So much so, I still have a hard time believing that it’s all real and then pinch myself just to make sure it is.
So what changed?! If you follow me on Instagram, then you probably already have a good idea. We purchased our first home back in September, moved to a new town, took on home renovations before moving into the house, started a new job, got new cars that are better suited for commuting, started to sort of feel like a real adult. Oh, and the blog got a new look.
Whew, that was a lot!
It’s been almost 4 months since we moved into our home and I’m just now starting to feel like I have my wits about me. I forgot how long it can take to actually feel settled after moving. I still don’t quite feel settled but that’s partially because homeownership is an entirely new beast that we’re navigating.
Now that we’re heading in the direction of feeling a bit more pulled together, I feel like I actually have the capacity to start thinking about my blog and all the things I’ve been wanting to share. I also feel like I’m finally able to focus on my vision for this year and for the next decade in regards to both life and my blog.
For the first time since I started blogging, I feel like I have a real direction of where I want this blog to go and what I want it to look and feel like. I want this to be a warm and welcoming space that’s filled with not only pretty pictures but heart and soul underneath it all. I want this space to be oozing with inspiration for not only myself but for you as well. And of course tips and tricks for things I learn along the way. For these things, I am beyond excited.
Dare I say that I feel myself pivoting….not just with what I want for my blog but also with what I want for my life as a whole. It’s taken 31 years to get to this point and everything just feels so much clearer to me now than it ever has.
What can you expect to see in upcoming blog posts?!?
- LOTS and lots of home content (I’ve been keeping a list), before photos, photos during renovations, and afters.
- Home DIYS that have gone great and not so great.
- A full apartment tour shot by the talented Torry Fox. I’m so excited to share these pictures because they are so good!
- More urban gardening posts. Well, actually, I guess we can just call it gardening since we’re now in the suburbs and not an urban city.
- Small space living tricks and tips. I’ve had 5 posts sitting in my draft folder for the past 8 months at least so it’s time to get those babies published.
- People, places, and things that are inspiring me.
- + SO MUCH MORE
Cheers to 2020, Friends!