Who else had a rough day yesterday?! Springing forward for daylight savings straight kicked my butt. I slept until 10 am and woke up so tired and slightly hungover. We went to one of my favorite restaurants Saturday night, Dona Tomas and indulged in a few too many different cocktails. Tequila, rum, and wine mixing was probably not my brightest idea, but their cocktails are so darn good. If you live in the Bay Area and haven’t been, you need to go! Of course, it was raining yet again most of the weekend. Which gave
I really do love daylight savings time and even though we lost an hour of sleep Saturday night it’s so worth it for the extra hours of daylight we are going to have now. The weather is also going to clear up here this week, with actual sunny days ahead and I’m so happy about that. It’s been a really cold and rainy winter in Northern California that’s led me to realize that weather really can and will affect your mood.
Spring is just a few short days away and I’m actually looking forward to it which isn’t usually a norm for me. Normally I loathe spring because I have such terrible allergies. This year I’m really trying to combat them by starting all my allergy/asthma medications early before they reach a point of no return and can’t be controlled. I’m also thinking of trying local bee pollen this year but I’m kind of nervous to try…has anyone tried it to help combat seasonal allergies?
My urban garden has been the only thing that’s giving me hope that spring really is coming. I planted a ton of ranunculus and they are currently THRIVING. I can’t believe how quickly they have grown and how many flowers I’m getting from just one plant. There are 4 ranunculus plants potted and both Ryan and I can’t get over how pretty they are. There’s also a blueberry bush that I planted l
Some things I’m looking forward to this week…
- Sunny days
- Getting my car cleaned once the rain stops after Tuesday (hopefully). Because WOOF, it’s a mess inside and out.
- The house cleaner coming…I’ve briefly mentioned this before on Instastories. It’s life-changing having someone come in once a month to deep clean for you. Honestly, life-changing!
- Planting the rest of my ranunculus…I purchased more to plant a few weeks ago but haven’t had a chance to pot them.
- Rearranging my entryway a little bit… aka the hallway.
- Trying to resolve my extreme dislike for our “office” area. Somethings gotta give. I think the solution will be to put the cabinet into the closet (so we can still use it) and to buy a larger desk. I’d ideally like to find something old with more character and paint it white and change out the hardware.
- Finally getting back into my books….I’ve been so hooked on watching Brothers & Sisters that I haven’t been doing any reading. I have a few books that I really want to finish so my goal is to do that before the end of the month, which means starting this week.
- Really focusing on using my planner and time blocking my days to hopefully be more productive.
- Spending time with my brother and sister. He’s home for spring break and my sister just got engaged.
- St. Patricks Day