Happy Monday, Friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
I’m excited to get back to my Monthly Monday Series this Monday to kick off June. Can we take a moment to to talk about the fact that it’s already June?? That means I’m officially 30! I wasn’t able to get all of my birthday blog posts up before my birthday so look for those later this month. It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these Monthly Monday posts so this one is jam packed with things I’ve been loving lately. Something I’m particularly excited about in this post is that not everything I’ve included is just “things.” There are people, and podcasts, and TV shows that I’m also loving making this post a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
One: Alyssa Rosenheck
- First off, Alyssa’s photography is amazing! She’s an Architectural Photographer and Stylist that I basically have a girl crush on. I also love her blog, The New Southern! What really drew me to her was when I first watched her InstaStories was how much she radiates calm, peacefulness, love, and light. You can’t help but be drawn to her after watching an InstaStories or two. Her mantra is “love +light” and I love that!
- I made fun or my friend for buying these because I actually think they are not the cutest sandal around town. My oh my have the tables turned though and she’ll never let me forget it. I bought my own pair of Birkenstocks and I basically live in them now. They are sooooo comfortable and I’ve never worn such a supportive shoe let alone sandal. Guess the joke is on me now!
- I love turkish towel but these ones from Murchison Hume are on a whole new level. You could actually use these as a throw blanket (which I’ve been doing). I can’t get over the quality and thickness of them.
Four: Yes Way Rosé
- I mean…..I had to buy this when I saw it at Target because #yeswayrosé and what can I say, I’m #basic. It’s now one of my favorite bottles of wine because it’s so light and crisp. Perfect for summer!
- I love Nathan Turner’s interiors so when I saw he was coming out with a book I knew I had to have it. Especially when the book is all about California living.
- Let’s just say the only thing that actually works from this salt lamp is the placebo effect. I bought it because I read it could help allergies and asthma but I don’t actually think it does anything. Honestly, it’s just a pretty home decor piece that I do think makes me feel a little calmer when it’s on because of the pretty glow.
Seven: Anthropologie Palm Leaf Dish
- I love a good inexpensive Anthropologie home decor find like this palm dish. You can see how I styled mine in this post here.
Eight: Old Navy Light Weight Scarf
- Old Navy always has such great printed scarfs for such a great price point. I’ve been wearing this one on repeat the last few weeks and am thinking of purchasing a few more fun prints.
Nine: Southern Charm
- If you know me you know that I’m obsessed with all The Real Housewives series. I seriously love them all but my favorite Bravo series is actually Southern Charm. I’ve always been obsessed with all things southern, I’ve always loved reality TV, and I’m currently obsessed with all things Charleston, making Southern Charm the perfect show. Also, Cameran Eubanks is another girl crush of mine because she is freaking hilarious and so real, not to mention gorgeous!
- You all know about my urban garden at this point and these french blue pots are the newest addition. They are the most perfect shade of blue (IMO) and I now have them outside and around the inside of the apartment with house plants.
Eleven: Opal House Rattan Tray
- It’s amazing that I didn’t break the bank when this new collection launched because there are so many great pieces I love. I knew this tray was the one thing I “had” to have. I’ve been making little changes to our bedroom and this tray is one of them now sitting pretty on the dresser.
Twelve: “Make Your Bed”
- I feel like I’ve talked about this speech before because I think it’s so good. When I saw it came out in a book I wanted to snag myself a copy. I read the whole thing in less than an hour (it’s a super easy read). If you haven’t watched the speech, you can see it here. I will tell you that my life instantly feels more pulled together the second I finish making my bed. If the bed isn’t made I’m usually a hot mess express that day.
Thirteen: Elsie Green
- I recently stumbled upon this shop via Instagram (isn’t that how everyone finds anything and everything these days?!) and found they have an actual store front not too far from where I live. Let me tell you, it is what vintage french dreams are made of. There are so many beautiful vintage french finds at the store along with newer finds like organic cotton blankets that I can’t get enough of. Besides having some of the best finds, it’s styled to perfection and bursting with eye candy around every corner. If you aren’t local, don’t worry, you can shop online too! This bowl is one of my favorite finds, it’s over 100+ years old.
Fourteen: L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara
- I am a mascara junkie…I’m always buying and trying every brand out there. It never fails though, I always come back to my L’Oreal Double Extend Mascara, it’s better than all the designer brands out there and only $10. I actually think L’Oreal is one of the best drugstore makeup brands, anyone else agree? Their new telescopic mascara is so good and makes your lashes reach a whole new level. If there was a waterproof version of this it would be my #1 but because I always have runny eyes with my allergies I need something that doesn’t smear as easy as this one.
Fifteen: Megan Ann McFarland Style and Design
- Another Instagram find and Charleston obession of mine. I loveeeeeeee Megan’s design style. Everything is blush, blue, and filled with rattan. Basically whenever we buy a home, it’s going to look like Megan designed it because I can’t get enough of her designs. She also has the most darling home in Downtown Charleston that I love down to the darling pink door and palm leaf knocker.
Sixteen: Custom Cocktail Napkins
- I love just about everything in Emily McCarthy’s shop! I was getting tired of constantly using paper towels as napkins at dinner but don’t want the hassle of washing cloth napkins every night. These personalized napkins were the perfect solution and are cute enough to cute out as kitchen table decor.
Seventeen: The Ordinary Retinoid
- If you haven’t tried this brand yet, then you should! It’s high-quality products at drugstore prices. My friend recommended the retinoid serum and I can’t say enough good things about. It’s under $10, doesn’t irritate my skin, and has smoothed it so much while also helping to prevent breakouts.
Eighteen: Emily Ley Large Notepad
- I’m a sucker for any and every notepad or notebook! I bought this one when I purchased my Simplfied planner and I love it. The size is perfect for my large handwriting and the design is just the cutest and matches my planner perfectly
- There are two television networks that I watch religiously, Bravo (duh!) and The CW. I’ve loved CW since it was the WB back in the day when the big shows were Dawson’s Creek and 7th Heaven. I still binge watch Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and Hart of Dixie (no shame here). I recently just watched their new show, Dynasty. It’s a remake of the original but with the perfect CW touch. I can’t get enough of it!
Twenty: Opal House Door Mat
- Let’s face it, I love everything in the Opal House collection! This doormat matches my patio decor perfectly and was such a great price point. I actually needed a doormat for our back door to help keep dirt and water out of the apartment from my garden.
Twenty One: KJP Bracelet
- I’m obsessed with Kiel James Patrick and his family, they are seriously the cutest! I also love their clothing brand. When I saw their jewelry in person at a darling little shop in Charleston I knew I had to have this bracelet. I wear it almost everyday and the quality is great.
Twenty Two: California Print
- I think this print is so cute and would love to hang it in the entry way above our key hangers. I loveeee the way Megan McFarland has hers matted in pink and would love to do the same.
Twenty Three: Marvis Tooth Paste
- Let’s just call this one like it is…Marvis is a bougie a** toothpaste. HOWEVER, the taste is the best tasting toothpaste I’ve ever tried and both Ryan and I are addicted to it. I was in line at Anthropologie and saw this cute tube and thought I’d give it try since we were out of toothpaste and now I don’t think I’ll ever look back.
Twenty Four: Get Real Podcast
- This has become one of my favorite podcasts to listen to! Caroline has the best personality and the cutest accent. Her podcast features episodes with some of my absolute favorite country stars and influencers so I’m not surprised I love it as much as I do.
There ya have it, folks! The things I’ve been loving the last two months that I hope you all love too! Here’s to having a wonderful and productive week! I’m on vacation this week to celebrate my 30th birthday and then my besties bachelorette party so be sure to follow along in real-time over on Instagram!