Happy Monday Morning, Friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Mine was super low key but so productive and relaxing at the same time. Which was so needed because after this weekend I have plans through the end of June. I thought it would be fun for you all to get to know me a little better by sharing a few random things about myself while you are getting through that first or second cup of coffee this Monday morning.
Random Things About Me:
- It’s very likely that as you’re reading this, I’m already on my 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee for the day.
- I’m likely on that 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee because I’m a night owl. It’s a rare occasion if I’m in bed before 11:30pm, and most nights it’s usually more like midnight+. This isn’t the most ideal situation when I wake up a 6am everyday and as I near the big 3-0 I’m starting to realize I need more that 5-hours of sleep a night. I HATE waking up in the morning and I hate setting an alarm clock, why can’t every day be like a Saturday and Sunday morning with slow starts to the day?!
- Nancy Meyer movies are my favorite movies! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched “It’s Complicated” because I love Meryl Streep as Jane Adler and think her house is beyond amazing. In fact, there hasn’t been a Nancy Meyers movie where I haven’t loved the interiors. “The Intern” is also another favorite of mine that I watch on repeat.
- If you were to look in my closet right now you would see that the majority of my clothes are some hue of blue. Blue is my power color (is that even a thing…I think its a thing). I love the color so much because it always makes my blue eyes pop and I just feel good in it. Similar to how painting my nails makes me feel a little bad a**.
- I hate being late. Nothing stresses me out more than when I’m running late or think I’m going to be late. I usually always leave with an extra 20-minutes to spare just to save myself unnecessary stress. My dad is the same way!
- Reality TV is my jam, especially Bravo reality TV….I’m obsessed with all the housewives and Southern Charm. I’m also a sucker for a good CW show like Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Hart of Dixie, or the Dynasty remake.
- I sometimes have feelings that are predictive of something going on in someone else’s life that usually starts with a dream. One time I had a dream that one of my friends was pregnant (we don’t live close enough for me to notice pregnancy signs), and randomly had a baby onsie arrive (that I didn’t purchase) with an online shopping order that was delivered the same day I had the dream. When I told my friend the next day, she told me she just found out she was pregnant. I’ve also had dreams about friends getting engaged and they happen within the next week.
- I married my high school sweetheart and we’ve been together for twelve years now.
- I am scared shitless every time I go to the doctor, it doesn’t matter what it’s for but I usually freak out. It’s so bad that my heart rate shoots through the roof where doctors used to worry but now they don’t since they know it’s my normal reaction. They refer to this as “white-coat-syndrome”. It’s something I need to work on but good grief it’s hard.
- I hate that Hobby Lobby and Chick-fil-A aren’t open on Sunday because it’s the day that I always want to go to both places.